Project 02 Sound Machine
Our second project will be do design sound machine that makes noise, tones, music, etc. By touching things (capacitance).
First lets frame some main ideas for our project
- What type of machine I want to make? (check inspiration projects)
- What is capacitance, and what objects or materials can I use for this?
- What shape or instrument do I want to make?
- What materials do I need to make my sound machine?
- What makes my sound machine special or different?
Check this cool projects:
- Draw a sketch for your Sound Machine
- Draw a flow diagram for your Sound Machine’s functionality
- Program the circuit playground to react make sounds according to the capacitive inputs.
- Make a prototype for your Sound Machine, test different materials, put all the parts together.
- Test and observe
- Make changes in your code or/and your prototype
- Repeat the last two steps as needed.
- Try to play a song with your new Instrument.
Reflect and share
- What did I discovered by doing this project?
- What did I wish I new before this project?
- What was the most difficult part and how I overcame it?
- What do I love from this project?
- What do I want to improve in this project.
Take some pictures of your project and share it on a presentation or video, try to use as little text as possible and tell the story of how you got where you are with your project.
Take your project to the next level
Think about an extra added value for your sound machine:
- Can you drive sounds on your computer with your Adafruit Circuit Playground?
- What about adding speakers?
- What other sensors can I use to drive sound?
- Develop a music instrument for someone with a disability.